Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform that makes it easy to create, share and play learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes. Unleash the fun in classrooms, offices and living rooms.
Engaging quiz-based games (kahoots), at school, home, and at work. Create your own kahoots to learn new things! Kahoot! Kahoot! brings the magic of learning to students, teachers and office heroes, trivia lovers, and lifelong learners.
Kahoot is an app that allows you to create quizzes. You can be creative at any time! You can create a game in minutes even while on the move. This is great for student projects, and it can be used at parties to surprise friends.
App for live game: Play kahoots in real time – such as in classrooms. The app can be used to control the game and earn medals. You can also host your own game on your tablet or phone, and invite others to join you.
Trivia app: Choose from millions of topics to find a trivia question. Play on your own, or challenge your friends to a fun competition.
The Homework App: Teachers can now assign homework using challenges instead of writing them. Homework app: Make your homework fun, save time and track your learning progress.
Remote training app: All corporate trainers are invited! Kahoot makes training fun! Even if participants live miles apart, there are still challenges. Kahoot has been added to many companies' virtual training strategies. Many companies have already added Kahoot! to their virtual training strategy
Kahoot allows students to respond to quizzes and facilitate discussions. It also collects survey data. It's a game-based classroom answer system that is played in real-time. Questions are displayed on a shared screen and players respond with their smartphones, tablets, or computers. This creates a fun, social, and gaming-like atmosphere. Kahoot allows you to create multiple-choice quizzes, polls and surveys from on-the spot data. The polls and quiz questions stimulate both quick instructional decisions and whole-class discussion.
Here are some things you can do using the Kahoot. App now available in English and Spanish as well as French, German, French, Spanish, French, German (and even Brazilian Portuguese)
Students- Join kahoots hosted live – in class or virtually – and use the app to submit answers
– Complete self-paced challenges
– Study at home or on the go with flashcards and other study modes
– Compete with friends in study leagues
– Challenge your friends with kahoots you found or created
– Create your own kahoots and add images or videos
– Host kahoots live for family and friends directly from your mobile device
Families and friends
– Find a kahoot on any topic, fit for any age
– Host a kahoot live by casting your screen to a big screen or screen share via video conferencing apps
– Engage your kids with studying at home
– Send a Kahoot! challenge to family members or friends
– Create your own kahoots and add different question types and image effects
– Search among millions of ready-to-play kahoots on any topic
– Create or edit your own kahoots in minutes
– Combine different question types to increase engagement
– Host kahoots live in class or virtually for distance learning
– Assign student-paced challenges for content review
– Assess learning outcomes with reports
– Create kahoots for e-learning, presentations, events and other occasions
– Encourage audience participation with polls and word cloud questions
– Host Kahoot! live in person or in a virtual meeting
– Assign self-paced challenges, for example, for e-learning
– Assess progress and results with reports
Kahoot! is free for teachers and their students, and it's our commitment to keep it that way as part of our mission to make learning awesome. We offer optional upgrades that unlock advanced features, such as an image library with millions of images and advanced question types, such as puzzles, polls, open-ended questions and slides. To take advantage of these features, users will need a paid subscription.
To create and host kahoots in a work context, as well as get access to additional features, business users will need a paid subscription.
To play Kahoot and go live takes a 3 steps process which are pretty easy to follow. Here is how to go live with Kahoot.
Create – Create a fun learning game in minutes – we call these ‘kahoots’. The format and number of questions is up to you. Add videos, images and diagrams to your questions to amplify engagement.
Play – Kahoots are best played in a group setting. To join a game, you need a unique PIN. If you’re the game host, you need a big screen. Players answer on their own devices, while questions are displayed on a shared screen. In addition to live games, you can also send kahoot challenges that players complete at their own pace – for example, for homework or remote training.
Share – After a game, encourage players to create and share their own kahoots! With one of our premium plans for schools or business, you can co-create games with your colleagues and save time on finding relevant kahoots for your class or training session.