If you plan to cut the cable, you might have undoubtedly already considered signing up for a streaming platform. Even the highest-rated streaming services are now available for a fraction of a typical cable package price. Amazon Prime Video is among the most respected and well-known streaming services, with millions of users worldwide.
Amazon Prime is one of the only membership services that almost anybody can use. Yet, one of its most acceptable benefits gets buried in the flood of competition. It boasts a massive video catalog that matches even the most popular streaming services like Netflix, Disney Plus, and Hulu. It has a diverse selection of films and television series, including popular Amazon Originals such as The Boys, Reacher, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
This article has reviewed everything you should know about the Amazon Prime Video and its free trial.
Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video is a streaming video service that offers a catalog of ad-free on-demand content. These include films, Television shows, and a massive collection of original Prime series to over 150 million Prime members worldwide.
Most Prime Video’s TV series and films are accessible in HD, with some content also available in UHD and HDR. Naturally, Prime video applications are available for both Android and iOS smartphones. You can only use three devices simultaneously, irrespective of what you’re streaming, and you can only watch the same title on two screens simultaneously. Amazon Prime Video content can be downloaded, just like Netflix, which is a terrific way to preserve mobile data when traveling.
One of the favorite aspects of Amazon Prime Video is that it provides consumers with fascinating material, including a growing library of high-quality original shows. If you’re not a Prime member, you may buy or rent individual titles from Amazon or join the standalone Prime Video membership to access the streaming video service alone.
Amazon Prime Video Features
The Amazon Prime Video has hundreds of features that will keep you fascinated. Some of these are:-
- Multiple Screens – You can stream on multiple screens at the same time. It allows you to use three devices instead of simply two. You may also download and view the material offline.
- User-Friendly Interface- The user interface is straightforward. All titles are arranged by genre and feature episode descriptions, comparable recommendations, and upcoming previews.
- Mobile Download- Like many other streaming services, Prime Video allows you to download specific titles to watch later. Customers who own a Fire Tablet or have the Prime Video app installed on their iOS, Android, macOS, or Windows devices can use this service.
- Sports – When you browse Prime Video’s premium channels, you’ll discover that there’s a lot for sports lovers to enjoy. The NFL’s Thursday Night Football games will premiere exclusively on Amazon Prime Video beginning in the 2022-2023 season. Additional sports channels, such as NBA League Pass, NFL Network, MLB Network, and others, can be added.
- Premium Audio and Video Quality – It streams at 1080p HD, with some original TV shows and movies in 4k, HDR, HDR+, and Dolby Vision.
Amazon also offers several other features that other streaming services indeed do not include. These are:-
You gain access to Prime Gaming as part of your Prime Video membership, which provides you with the following benefits:
- You may play free PC games online and download and keep them permanently. Each month, you will be able to download about 5 games.
- Every month, you can claim “loot” from numerous games. Characters, skins, boosts, upgrades, and other items can help you level up. After claiming, link your gaming account, and your stuff will be ready for you in-game.
- Every month, you’ll get one free Twitch channel subscription to support your favorite players
Amazon Photos & Cloud Drive
All Amazon users (even non-Prime Video subscribers) have access to Amazon Photos. The service offers up to 5 GB of photo and video storage. Amazon Photos and Amazon Cloud Drive are similar to Dropbox. It allows you to view your photos and movies from any computer, phone, or tablet.
All Amazon customers have access to Amazon Music. You get access to hundreds of podcasts with an interface similar to Spotify.
A solid plan with Prime Video will cost you at least $9 per month. Keep in mind that you may access the streamer with an essential Amazon Prime subscription, which is available in two plans. A monthly Amazon Prime subscription costs $15 per month, and a yearly Amazon Prime subscription costs $139 per year.
With Prime, you can do anything from buy groceries to sell your own items, get unique Whole Foods Market discounts, and get one-to-two day free delivery on hundreds of items.
With the addition of Prime Video, Amazon has become a one-stop shop for the majority of your online needs.
TV Shows and Movies
Amazon does have a lot of high-quality stuff. They have also received critical acclaim and, in many cases, received significant nominations and awards. The following is a list of Amazon Original shows and films on several top-ten lists.
- The Boys
- The Expanse
- Good Omens
- Jack Ryan
- The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power
- The Man in the High Castle
- The Wheel of Time
- The Wilds
- The Big Stick
- Blow the Man Down
- The Handmaiden
- Honey boy
- Late Night
- Manchester by the Sea
- One Child Nation
- The Report Sound of Metal
- The Tomorrow War
- Troop Zero
- The Vast of Night
Amazon Prime Video Supported Devices
Amazon provides nearly universal support for streaming devices. These devices include:-
- Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
- Echo devices with a display
- Fire tablet
- Fire phone
- LG Blu-Ray player
- Panasonic Blu-Ray player
- Samsung Blu-Ray player
- Sony Blu-Ray player
- PlayStation 5, 4, and 3
- Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and Xbox 360
- Android mobile devices
- Apple iPhones, iPads, and iPods
- Samsung smartphones and tablets
- Prime Video for PC and Mac apps
- Web browsers for macOS and Windows
- Comcast X1
- Cox Contour
- Dish Network
- NVIDIA Shield
Amazon Prime Video Free Trial
It also offers a 30-day free trial. Having a whole month to watch award-winning Amazon Originals, live sports, and numerous Golden Globe nominees is a major bonus for entertainment lovers.
You will get the same perks as regular members when you join up for Amazon Prime Free Trial. You must, however, have a current valid payment card linked to your account to try Prime video for free. Additionally, payment methods such as bank accounts, pre-paid credit cards, and gift cards are not accepted.
How to get it?
If you want to sign up for Amazon Prime Video free trial, follow these steps:
- Visit the Amazon sign up page
- And click ‘Start your free trial.’
- When the next page opens, you either create an Amazon account or log in to your Amazon account.
- Next is to supply your card details, and you can start using the Prime video service.
- After 30 days, Amazon will deduct $99 from your account and give you a 1-year prime membership subscription.
Benefits of Amazon Prime Video Free Trial
Amazon will sign you up for a free Amazon Prime trial. You’ll also get access to FREE two-day delivery, Prime Video, Prime Music, and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library.
If you’re a student, the discount is much better. The free trial is extended to 6 months for anyone who can prove they are a student using a.edu email address or other evidence. After that, you may save 50% on an annual membership, making it cheaper than almost any other streaming service that doesn’t provide the same extras.
Amazon Prime Video Pros and Cons
- It comes with the option to bundle with an Amazon Prime Subscription
- Most extensive Streaming library of any service
- Popular original content
- Many premium and sports content add-ons are available
- Shareable on up to 3 devices
- Streams content in HD, HDR, HDR+, and even 4k.
- It comes with a 30-days free trial
- It has a User-Friendly interface
- Titles come and go, meaning you may lose access.
- Fewer original hits than Netflix and Hulu
- Some titles cost extra, as they must be rented or purchased.
It ultimately comes down to what people desire from a streaming service. If you’re a movie lover, a Prime Video subscription could be worth it. It is because it gives you access to an extensive film collection, saving you money on digital rentals.
There is no advertising in any series, which adds to the growing collection of high-quality Amazon Originals. People may watch Prime Video on various devices because it is available on almost all platforms.
The website allows you to do anything from rent movies to purchase titles that are not available in your membership.
It depends on how commonly you use it; it is unlikely if you subscribe but only view a movie once a week. However, if you ‘binge-watch select TV episodes, view movies regularly, and utilize other activities like gaming and listening to podcasts, the monthly subscription may be worth it.
With one Amazon Prime Video account, you may create six separate accounts. Each user has their own watch list, suggestions, and rating filters, giving them a unique experience.
You may cancel by logging into your Amazon Prime Video account and selecting ‘Manage Membership,’ and choosing ‘End membership’ or ‘Do not continue.’ You will not be billed or have your membership extended until you confirm.
Amazon Prime membership, which costs $14.99 per month or $139.00 per year, includes access to Prime Video. Non-Prime members can subscribe to Prime Video as a separate streaming service for $8.99 per month.
An Amazon Prime subscription includes access to Prime Video at no additional cost.